It was torn down due to aggressive dry rot in 1957.
Moy, south of Inverness, has been the home of Mackintosh chiefs since the 14th century. The first seat of the clan chief was on a small island in the middle of Loch Moy. This castle is now completely ruined. In later years, the chiefs took up residence at Moy Hall, which was demolished in the 20th century and replaced with a smaller, modern house of the same name.